Thursday, December 3, 2015

Audience and Invention for My Reflective Essay

In my reflection, I wish to discuss with my reader my transformation as a writer and show the differences between my old strategies, and my new and improved skills. I plan to accomplish this by analyzing the change in my writing process and by providing details of what I have learned. Specific topics I wish to touch on include: prewriting, rhetorical context, PIE, revision, and motivation. I want the reader to understand how much I have grown as a writer and see a dramatic change in my skills.

My primary audience for this paper is Dr. Bell, who will be grading my reflection. She has already read my papers and has an idea of how my papers have improved. Also, she is aware of topics we have focused on in class, which I should definitely include to demonstrate my understanding of course objectives. Furthermore, I have a secondary audience of my classmates who might peer edit my paper. However, they don’t personally know my writings so I will have to make my reflection more detailed for clarity in this context. Because they are also writing a reflection, they understand the process of this paper and the course objectives, which makes it easier to understand.

I will organize my ideas in a logical sequence, by first explaining my writings at the beginning of the semester, then detailing how they have developed into what they are today. I will thoroughly develop these ideas by supporting them with quotes from the "Student's Guide" as well as from my own essays. This provides my points with adequate research and examples to convince the reader how my writing has improved.

My ethos with my readers will be more personal, as I know all my audience members from class. However, I still wish to keep a formal tone to demonstrate that I am taking this assignment and the class seriously. I can establish ethos by showing my dedication to the class and what we have learned as well as quoting credible sources to add support and reliability.

http://www.patten.lib.me.us/wp-content/uploads/keep-calm-and-write-the-essay-4.png



No comments:

Post a Comment