Monday, September 28, 2015

A Reflection on Unit One

Unit One caused me to explore many new ideas and techniques but the most important had to be analyzing the rhetorical situation of my sources. Before, I would quote sources without giving much thought as to where they came from or who the author was. Now, I know how to examine a source and accurately discuss what the context of that source is and why that is significant. I discovered that communication in my field is often unclear and muddled by public rhetoric and misrepresentation,

I also gained new experience using different online resources, such as cluster diagram tools and social media searchers, and improved my editing skills for clarity in my writing. I learned that I tend to be very wordy and I must be carful that this doesn't hinder my message. In the Unit One assignment, I did very well with time management and did not leave everything up to the last minute. I also integrated my analysis very effectively and made sure that my QRG was not simply summary.

For the next project, I could improve on spending a bit more time mapping out my essay before writing to organize my ideas. This helps make sure my analysis and quotes are adequately supported and integrated and that all my points come across. The most important thing I learned from this unit is: It matters where your information comes from.                  


https://farm8.static.flickr.com/7563/15753300259_4fe1f78ce5.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment