Sunday, September 13, 2015

Cluster of Common Core Controversy

In my cluster I used colors to specify what information is being presented. Purple designates what type of source it is, red shows the perspective, and green shows the authors viewpoint. I also split up the authors into supporters and critics.


Reflection:
After looking at my classmate's diagrams and topics, I discovered one cluster almost identical to my own and one completely different. Cati's  cluster also used Coggle and she similarly split the issue into two opposing viewpoints which I though made it easy to understand. On the other hand, Spencer's diagram was a bit more complex, but I enjoyed his use of color and shapes to clarify what information is presented. After looking at these cluster diagrams, I feel confident that I combined my favorite aspects of both into my own

I think that using these types of diagrams is a great way to organize your information and sources in order to better structure your essay later. However this can be kind of time consuming online and I feel it may be more beneficial to simply sketch one out on paper.

2 comments: